New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
Senso-ji - The Colorful Asakusa temple
Asakusa is of course best known for its famous Senso-ji temple which we have chosen as the subject of this article to introduce our...
The Japanese Luggage Coin Lockers
Needless to say that luggage handling is an issue for travelers all...
Hachiko - The Statue of Shibuya’s Faithful Dog
The story is quite well-known, especially to the inhabitants of...
JR Pass: Find out whether it will prove a money-saving deal
The question of whether or not to buy a JR Pass raises endless...
Tokyo Imperial Palace - The Emperor’s Residence and Gardens
It is quite a rare treat for visitors of Japan to be able to visit...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Saiho-ji (Western Kyoto)
Latest Kotaete questions
- 21 December -- Winter starts in Japan
- 23 December -- Birthday of the Emperor of Japan
- 25 December -- Christmas in Japan
- From 31 December to 1 January -- Eve and New Year in Japan
- 5 January -- Hayao Miyazaki's birthday (born in 1941)
- 11 January -- Seijin no Hi: adult day (20 years) in Japan
- 3 February -- Setsubun: celebration of the arrival of spring
- 14 February -- Valentine's Day in Japan
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 8 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan