New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
Volcanic Activity in Japan
There has been greater volcanic activity than usual over the past months in Japan: On 27 September 2014, there was a sudden,...
Odaiba Beach - Sandy at the Heart of Tokyo
The nickname given to the famous Odaiba Polder, “Entertainment...
Japanese plum trees: first blossoms of the year
The parade of seasons in Japan hardly ever fails to return with...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Kodai-ji (Eastern Kyoto)
Latest Kotaete questions
- 14 February -- Valentine's Day in Japan
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 8 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 18 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka