New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
The Japanese and the V for Victory Sign in Photos
Although this may seem a rather worn out cliché, there is no denying that most Japanese, and more particularly young women, pose in...
Ghibli Museum - A wonderful tribute paid to Miyazaki and Takahata
The Ghibli Art Museum, dedicated to the animation studio of the...
Helicopter Ride - Experience a breath-taking flight over Tokyo
If you are a regular Kanpai reader, you will know that I am...
The best season to visit Japan
The Japanese archipelago extends a long way from north to south, so...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Tokyo (Kanto)
Latest Kotaete questions
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku
- 15 August -- Anniversary date of Japan's surrender in 1945
- 16 August -- Daimon-ji fires in Kyoto
- 31 August -- End of season for climbing Mount Fuji
- 3 September -- Anniversary date of Tokyo's establishment after the Meiji restoration in July 1868
- 16 September -- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu (Yabusame) Festival in Kamakura
- 21 September -- Autumn starts in Japan
- 21 September -- Day of the elderly in Japan (Keiro no Hi - holiday)
- 23 September -- Autumn Equinox (Shunbun no Hi - holiday)
- 22 October -- Jidai Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 29 October -- Isao Takahata's birthday (born in 1935)
- 31 October -- Halloween in Japan
- 3 November -- Festival of Culture (Bunka no hi - holiday)