New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
Todai-ji - Nara’s Great Buddha Temple
Although Todai-ji shares its kanji with the name of Tokyo University, this is really all they have in common. Todai-ji is, indeed,...
Shikina-en - Okinawa Japanese Gardens
The beautiful gardens of Shikina-en are probably the best known...
Yasukuni - The Ultimate Reference for Sakura in Tokyo
Yasukuni Shrine is usually mentionned in connection with the...
Tenryu-ji - The Great Temple of the Heavenly Dragon
Tenryu-ji is the most remarkable of Kyoto’s five great temples and...
Nara Park - The Cornerstone of the Town of Nara
Nara’s great Park is probably the attraction most massively visited...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Shuri Castle (Okinawa)
Latest Kotaete questions
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 18 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 30 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- 11 August -- Mountain day / Yama no Hi (holiday)
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku
- 15 August -- Anniversary date of Japan's surrender in 1945
- 16 August -- Daimon-ji fires in Kyoto
- 31 August -- End of season for climbing Mount Fuji
- 3 September -- Anniversary date of Tokyo's establishment after the Meiji restoration in July 1868