In Japan, every season has special characteristics and its share of specific events. We chose to compile this in a calendar, month by month, to allow you to better plan your stay.
What are the holidays, festivals and matsuri, movie or cultural products outings, sports events and major concerts, or openings and renovations of buildings to visit?
Navigate in the period that interests you and serenely prepare your trip itinerary thanks to the Kanpai calendar.
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 17 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 29 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- May 2017
- June 2017
- July 2017
- August 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018