- Welcome to Kanpai! Japan A 10-year experience of traveling in Japan, Japanese culture and much more !
Enjoy your visit ^_^
- Kanpai-Japan on social networks
- Recent Posts
- Japan Rail Pass cheapest fare
- Find hotels and ryokans in Japan
- Plan your trip to Japan
Everything you need to know is here:
- How to travel 2 weeks in Japan with only $2,300
- Japan Rail Pass: ride japanese trains for free!
- Learn Japanese Kana in 3 days – Hiragana & Katakana method
- 10 mistakes to avoid when traveling to Japan
- Wedding traditions in Japan
- What time is it in Japan?
Some exciting and fun things to do in Japan:
- Tagsanime Beppu cats cosplay flights to Japan gaijin Harajuku holidays in Japan hotel / ryokan J-drama Japanese castles Japanese cuisine Japanese gardens Japan Rail Pass Japan travel tips Japan videos kanji kawaii Kyoto Kyushu manga Miyajima momiji money Mount Fuji music Nagoya Naruto observatories Okinawa One Piece Osaka pictures from Japan sakura Shibuya Shikoku stay in Japan Studio Ghibli Sumo Temples & Shrines Tokyo transportation in Japan tsunami / earthquake video games weather
- Recent Comments
- Miyajima and Itsukushima Shrine | Motley Mercury on Momiji manju : the maple pastry from Miyajima
- james on How and where to get a Japanese penpal friend
- How and where to get a Japanese penpal friend on What time is it in Japan?
- 10 reasons why you must travel in Japan on Sakura : a guide to Japanese cherry blossom
- Osaka travel guide and pictures on A sumo wrestling tournament
Temples & Shrines
Tourists in Kyoto may not know Heian by its name, but many have at least passed before his most famous landmark: a 25-meters high vermilion torii gate located along Okazaki Canal, a few steps away from the main entrance. Located north-east … Read more
Among the many temples in Kyoto, I never had the opportunity to visit Kodai-ji. This was corrected during my last trip to Japan, not only because our rental house was located only a few steps away, but also because Kodaiji … Read more
Let’s continue our tour of Kyoto temples with Tofuku-ji, mainly famous for its autumn colors. Beyond its koyo leaves, which you can particularly admire around the Tsutenkyo part, the large complex remains a reference of Zen Buddhism in Japan, with several distinct areas. … Read more
Many travelers organize their visit of Arashiyama around Togetsukyo bridge, and to its south with Iwatayama (the monkey mountain) or north into the shopping area and the bamboo forest. Going back further in Sagano in just half an hour walk, you … Read more
Let’s continue our tour of the temples and shrines worth visiting in Kyoto, with the Shinto Kamo set of two shrines: Kamigamo (upper) and Shimogamo (lower), two kilometers away. Located north of Kyoto, on the verge of the Kamogawa River, … Read more
It took me until the fourth stay in Kyoto to finally visit the Sanjusangen-do. There are countless temples worth visiting in the historic capital of Kansai, and among these, Sanjusangendo sometimes sounds like a forgotten one, perhaps because its heart … Read more
Although I already wrote several times about Miyajima on Kanpai-Japan, I wanted to post an article dedicated to its most obvious visit: Itsukushima shrine. Miyajima is one of the favorite travel destinations in Japan, often combined with Hiroshima, and going … Read more