Airfare deals to Japan: Find the cheapest flights
This page will be updated with the best airfare deals when they will be available.
Discount airplane tickets are likely to get booked faster than regular fare tickets, so we recommend buying them as soon as possible, before they get sold out or the discount ends. Unless otherwise stated, the prices displayed on this page are all taxes included, administrative fee included and are for flight ✈️ tickets for a roundtrip in Japan, in Economy class. Prices do not include the possible insurances and seat reservation fees.
Find a cheap flight to Japan with our search engine, in partnership with Skyscanner:
🛫Airlines flying to Japan
The flight fare for Japan, as well as for any other destination, varies according to numerous factors, such as:
- The airline;
- The time of the year;
- A non-stop or stopover flight;
- The departure and arrival airports;
- The cabin class (economy, premium economy, business class, first-class);
- The type of aircraft and its age;
- The optional insurances for cancelling, luggage, etc.;
Direct flights to Japan
Two very famous Japanese airlines, ANA and JAL, connect the world and Japan. They both have comparable services and prices. They regularly offer interesting deals and connecting flights to many cities in Japan, with a stopover in Tokyo.
Several other airlines have direct flights to Japan, but we only compared three of them in the table below for convenience.
Japan AirLines (JAL) is frequently cited as the most punctual airline in the world.
Flights to Japan with stopover
The following companies have also set up regular lines with Japan. They can prove useful wether your departure airport is in Asia, North America, Europe, etc. There are not favorite ones in this list, and they are sorted by alphabetical order:
- Aeroflot: with a stopover in Russia, prices can be very low, some travelers recommend this airline, some don’t;
- Air China: with a stopover in China, accessible from Australia, Canada, Hong-Kong or the United States;
- Air Canada
- Air New-Zealand
- American Airlines: non-stop flights available from Los Angeles;
- British Airways: with a stopover in London (UK);
- Cathay Pacific: with a stopover in Hong-Kong;
- Delta Airline: with a stopover in Minneapolis (USA);
- Emirates: with a stopover in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), frequently mentioned as one of the best airlines in the world;
- Etihad: with a stopover in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, frequently offers affordable fare;
- Finnair: with a stopover in Finland;
- Hawaiian Airlines: non-stop flights from Honolulu;
- HK EXPRESS: non-stop flights from Hong-Kong;
- KLM: with a stopover in the Netherlands;
- Lufthansa: with a stopover in Germany, 2 checked baggage allowance per traveler;
- Qantas Airways: flights from Australia and New-Zealand;
- Qatar Airways: with a stopover in Qatar, often mentioned as one of the best airlines in the world. May offer some very interesting deals;
- Swiss Air: with a stopover in Switzerland, 2 checked baggage allowance per traveler;
- United Airlines : from Canada, with stopovers in the United States.
We have not listed budget airlines serving Japan, as they may serve only from Asia and / or from Japan.
You have found a good airfare deal that you think could be added to the page?
Feel free to let us know via our contact form so we can share the information.