In Japan, every season has special characteristics and its share of specific events. We chose to compile this in a calendar, month by month, to allow you to better plan your stay.
What are the holidays, festivals and matsuri, movie or cultural products outings, sports events and major concerts, or openings and renovations of buildings to visit?
Navigate in the period that interests you and serenely prepare your trip itinerary thanks to the Kanpai calendar.
- From 1 to 31 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto with float processions on July 17 and 24
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 20 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 25 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- 11 August -- Mountain day / Yama no Hi (holiday)
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
- May 2021
- June 2021