In Japan, every season has special characteristics and its share of specific events. We chose to compile this in a calendar, month by month, to allow you to better plan your stay.
What are the holidays, festivals and matsuri, movie or cultural products outings, sports events and major concerts, or openings and renovations of buildings to visit?
Navigate in the period that interests you and serenely prepare your trip itinerary thanks to the Kanpai calendar.
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 15 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 27 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- 11 August -- Mountain day / Yama no Hi (holiday)
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020