The idealized image of over-urbanized Tokyo is the tree that hides a forest of greenery! With 70% of uninhabitable territory, Japan has countless green lungs that extend both in the huge natural parks and sparsely whitin the cities.
Japanese gardens are one of the most affordable facets for neophytes, thanks to their multifaceted aesthetics. But they hide treasures of ingenuity and contain lots of specificities for who digs beyond the ambient zen.
Enjoying them, as well as parks in Japan, is always a sensory pleasure without limit.
Warning: drones are prohibited in 81 of the main parks in the Tokyo area.
National parks in Japan
The Japanese archipelago has 31 officially designated national parks. Here they are:
- Hokkaido : Rishiri-Rebun-Sarobetsu, Shiretoko, Akan, Kushiroshitsugen, Daisetsuzan, Shikotsu-Toya
- North of Honshu : Towada-Hachimantai, Sanriku Fukko, Bandai-Asahi
- Kanto : Nikko, Oze, Joshin'etsukogen, Chichibu-Tama-Kai, Ogasawara
- Chubu : Fuji-Hakone-Izu, Chubusangaku, Hakusan, Alpes Minami
- Kansai : Ise-Shima, Yoshino-Kumamo
- West of Honshu : San'inkaigan, Setonaikai, Daisen-Oki, Ashizuri-Uwakai
- Kyushu : Saikai, Unzen-Amakusa, Aso-Kuju, Kirishima-Kinkowan
- Okinawa / Ryukyu : Yakushima, Keramashoto, Iriomote-Ishigaki