Sumpu Castle Park - Historical ruins of Tokugawa Ieyasu
Sumpu Castle Park is a historical public area located in the city center of Shizuoka on Honshu, Japan's main island. This ground is...
Tokyo Station - A train station like no other
Tokyo Station is located in Chiyoda ward in the heart of the...
Maneki-neko - The Japanese lucky charm cat
The Maneki-neko, literally meaning "welcoming cat", is a...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Jigoku Meguri - The eight hells of Beppu
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- f/18 doing one year work and travel in Japan 2019 and looking for companions!
- Looking for a mate to explore Tokyo with! Female traveler end of November 2018
- Looking for companions to travel Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto on 26 Oct 2018 - 4 Nov 2018
- Adventuring beautiful Hokkaido and the cities Kyoto and Tokyo in autumn 2018
- Nov 20 - Dec 10, 2018 // Female traveler in Japan
- 22 October -- Jidai Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 29 October -- Isao Takahata's birthday (born in 1935)
- 31 October -- Halloween in Japan
- 3 November -- Festival of Culture (Bunka no hi - holiday)
- 18 November -- Anniversary date of the Suica card (initiated in 2001)
- 21 December -- Winter starts in Japan
- 23 December -- Birthday of the Emperor of Japan