JLPT: the Japanese Language Test (N1 to N5) - Nihongo Nôryoku Shiken Examinations
There are several tests of Japanese language proficiency, just like DELF for the French or TOIEC for English. The most famous and...
The Expatriate's Complex in Japan
We should recognize in expatriates a form of bravery in abandoning...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Ushiku - The largest Buddha in the world
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 3 February -- Setsubun: celebration of the arrival of spring
- 14 February -- Valentine's Day in Japan
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week