Japanese importation: the complete guide - Importing products and cultural goods from Japan / Asia
Numerous amateurs of Japanese culture end up importing products and other cultural goods from Japan. Importation has several...
Hyperdia, the Japanese railway system reference - Hours and prices: planning your journeys by Shinkansen (Japan Railways)
Hyperdia is a Japanese website allowing to precisely compare hours...
Mount Koya - The well-oiled pilgrimage of Wakayama
Western tourists in Japan share with almost all of their foreign...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Mount Kurama - The sublime Zen visit north of Kyoto
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 16 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka