How to use your driver’s license in Japan
It is becoming more common, especially among experienced travelers willing to go off the beaten track, to try renting a car in Japan...
Takayama Matsuri - One of Japan’s Three Most Beautiful Festivals
Takayama Matsuri, which is held in Takayama, a city in central...
Green Car: The first class of Japanese trains
Easily recognized by its green logo in a shamrock shape, the first...
Yufuin - The rural hot spring town
Yufuin is a small thermal station in Japan at the bottom of Mount...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Capsule Hotels - Lodging in boxes
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 22 October -- Jidai Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 29 October -- Isao Takahata's birthday (born in 1935)
- 31 October -- Halloween in Japan
- 3 November -- Festival of Culture (Bunka no hi - holiday)
- 18 November -- Anniversary date of the Suica card (initiated in 2001)
- 21 December -- Winter starts in Japan
- 23 December -- Birthday of the Emperor of Japan