A Guide To Do Laundry in Japan
When we travel, easily and conveniently doing laundry is, without a doubt, an appreciated service. Even before landing in Japan, we...
Gion Matsuri - Kyoto’s biggest float-pulling festival
Gion Matsuri is one of the more important annual festivals of Kyoto...
A Guide to the Japanese Bathroom
風呂 furo, or its more polite form お風呂 Ofuro, indicates a "bath" and...
Nakasendo Trail - Hiking through the Kiso Valley from Magome to Tsumago
Nakasendo is an old road through the Japanese Alps that once...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Gion - The traditional district in the heart of Kyoto
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- From 1 to 31 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto with float processions on July 17 and 24
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 27 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945