Kaiten-zushi - The Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants
A kaiten-zushi is a type of Japanese restaurant specialized in sushi, where dishes are put on a conveyor-belt winding in the shop....
Tadewara Wetlands - The Easy Excursion in Kuju Mountain Range
Tadewara Wetlands are a 38 hectares marshland, 1,000 meters above...
Mitama Matsuri - The Lantern Festival in Yasukuni Shrine
Mitama Matsuri is a lantern festival held each year in Yasukuni...
Omihachiman - The little Green Venice on Lake Biwa
Omihachiman is a Japanese little town located at the foot of Mount...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Batting center - Baseball on Tokyo roofs
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- From 1 to 31 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto with float processions on July 17 and 24
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 20 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 25 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945