What to offer to a Japanese person
A certain number of travelers know the Japanese tradition of 土産 miyage, offering a souvenir to its closest relationships. In Japan,...
Ryoan-ji - The contemplative stone garden
Ryoan-ji is a Buddhist temple of the Rinzai Zen sect, located at...
JLPT: the Japanese Language Test (N1 to N5) - Nihongo Nôryoku Shiken Examinations
There are several tests of Japanese language proficiency, just like...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Yoshinoyama - The incredible 30,000 sakura mountain
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 3 February -- Setsubun: celebration of the arrival of spring
- 14 February -- Valentine's Day in Japan
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week