Kitanomaru Park - Edo Castle’s Garden
Kitanomaru Park is a large green space located near the Imperial Palace, in Tokyo’s central Chiyoda ward. The shores of its pond...
Okazaki Canal - Cherry blossoms hanging over water in Kyoto
Okazaki Canal is a watercourse connecting Lake Biwa canal with Kamo...
Kanazawa Castle - The park adorned with sakura
Kanazawa Castle is a fortified architectural complex located in...
Sankei-en - The Traditional Japanese Garden in Yokohama
Sankei-en is a vast typical 175.000m² Japanese garden facing Tokyo...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Byodo-in - The phoenix temple
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- From 14 to 15 April -- Sanno Matsuri (the Spring Takayama Festival)
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 10 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- From 1 to 31 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto with float processions on July 17 and 24