Shogunzuka - The discreet and magnificent point of view over Kyoto
Shogun-zuka is a Japanese mound located on the peak of Mt. Higashiyama in the southeastern part of Kyoto. A hiking trail starts at...
Maiko and Geiko from Kyoto - Meet the ambassadors of traditional Japanese arts
Geisha are loved for their elegance and refinement, yet they remain...
Ashi Lake - Hakone’s View of Mount Fuji
Ashi Lake is located in Hakone, Kanagawa prefecture, in Japan....
Being vegan in Japan - Context and food recommendations
A nation with a complex identity, Japan is even more appreciated...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Rikugi-en - The Momiji gardens in Tokyo
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- Let's explore Tokyo +more! Sep/27/19 - Oct/19
- Hitchhiking in Tohoku area during golden week 2019!
- Tokyo Disney and Disneysea in JUNE 2019!
- Tokyo, Kyoto, Kagoshima, Hokkaido, Sendai + more [April 26th- May 21st]
- SouthEast Asian Needs travel companion exploring the city of Tokyo From April26-May05 2019
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 12 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 15 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto