New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
Writing your name in Japanese
Writing a foreign name in Japanese does not imply to translate it but to transcribe it. Indeed, the Japanese language is not based...
Introducing yourself in Japanese
In Japanese, all the possible greeting expressions are called 自己紹介...
From Haneda Airport to downtown Tokyo
Just as we did for transportation from Narita and in order to...
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park - The memorial garden of History
The memorial peace park is a public garden located on an island in...
From Narita airport to downtown Tokyo
Most of the foreign travelers in Japan, coming from the western...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Minoh park (Osaka)
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
- Working in Japan as a civil / electrical engineer? -/5 0
- Where are the zippers/fasteners on sailor fuku skirts? 5.00/5 0
- Areas to cover in Japan for History and onsens ? -/5 0
- What kind of non-academic classes do Japanese parents often enroll their children in? -/5 0
- What should girls wear as business attire in Japan? -/5 0
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 13 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 16 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 28 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- 11 August -- Mountain day / Yama no Hi (holiday)
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku