Pokémon Center - Pikachu’s official stores
Pokémon Center is the name given to the Pokémon official stores, set in Japan since 1998. With Pikachu being the main figure, the...
Good practices in onsen and sento in Japan - Japanese public baths: good manners
During our travels in Japan, we are numerous people willing to...
Himeji - Kansai’s little feudal city
Himeji is a small city located in Kansai region's Hyogo prefecture,...
Takeshita Dori - Harajuku crazy main avenue
Takeshita dori is a 400 meters long pedestrian street, symbol of...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Hamarikyu - The Japanese garden between Tokyo buildings
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 31 August -- End of season for climbing Mount Fuji
- 3 September -- Anniversary date of Tokyo's establishment after the Meiji restoration in July 1868
- 16 September -- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu (Yabusame) Festival in Kamakura
- 17 September -- Day of the elderly in Japan (Keiro no Hi - holiday)
- 21 September -- Autumn starts in Japan
- 23 September -- Autumn Equinox (Shunbun no Hi - holiday)
- 22 October -- Jidai Matsuri Festival in Kyoto