Kurashiki - The small Kyoto with waterways
Kurashiki is a Japanese city with 476,000 inhabitants, located in Okayama prefecture, on Honshu Island. Its historical heart is...
Omoide Yokocho - The other side of izakaya
Omoide Yokocho is a group of streets housing many small and typical...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Shinsekai - Osaka’s New World
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 12 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan