Keage Incline - The Old Railroad Track lined with Sakura
Keage Incline is a former railway converted into a gently sloping pedestrian trail lined with sakura (cherry trees) that links Lake...
Getting ready for a long flight and your arrival in Japan
Jet lag after arriving in Japan can be brutal, especially if you’re...
Sumiyoshi Taisha - The great and old shrine of Osaka
Sumiyoshi Taisha is an important Shinto shrine located in the...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Hachiko - The Statue of Shibuya’s Faithful Dog
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- American Looking for Companions: Arrive 14 Apr - Wakayama, Nara, Kyoto, KinosakiOnsen, Tokyo - Depart 30 April 2019
- In Japan from 1st of April 2019. Starting in Tokyo.
- Japan adventure in July 2019
- In Tokyo Mar 16-18, 2019, would like to meet someone who is traveling
- Native Japanese speaker looking for travel companion in June 2019
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 12 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 15 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)