Good practices in onsen and sento in Japan - Japanese public baths: good manners
During our travels in Japan, we are numerous people willing to experiment the benefits of hot waters offered by onsen (natural hot...
Himeji - Kansai’s little feudal city
Himeji is a small city located in Kansai region's Hyogo prefecture,...
Takeshita Dori - Harajuku crazy main avenue
Takeshita dori is a 400 meters long pedestrian street, symbol of...
Naoshima - Seto Inland Sea’s artistic island
Naoshima is a small Japanese island located in the Inland Seto Sea...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Osaka - Kyoto’s rebellious neighbour
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku
- 15 August -- Anniversary date of Japan's surrender in 1945
- 16 August -- Daimon-ji fires in Kyoto
- 31 August -- End of season for climbing Mount Fuji
- 3 September -- Anniversary date of Tokyo's establishment after the Meiji restoration in July 1868
- 16 September -- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu (Yabusame) Festival in Kamakura
- 17 September -- Day of the elderly in Japan (Keiro no Hi - holiday)