Useful Travel Apps in Japan - For iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
Due to the widespread availability of free Wi-Fi hotspots and the use of Pocket Wi-Fi, most visitors can now use their smartphones...
Adachi Art Museum - One of the most beautiful examples of Japanese gardens
Adachi Art Museum is located in the Yasugi municipality, in the...
Fukui - Capital of the former Echizen Province
Fukui is the capital of Fukui Prefecture on the coast of the Sea of...
Daigo-ji - A wonderful temple complex in the mountains
Daigo-ji is a temple of Shingon Buddhism, located in Fushimi...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Sumo tournaments in Japan - A complete guide
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
- What should I wear late December in Japan?
- What is this Japanese movie about a salt crusted fish stuffed with chrysanthemum petals?
- How to get to Tsunan Snow Festival?
- What is this banana fruit whipped cream sandwich from a konbini?
- How can I hire a Japanese cook to bring him to my country and open a sweets shop?
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 18 November -- Anniversary date of the Suica card (initiated in 2001)
- 21 December -- Winter starts in Japan
- 23 December -- Birthday of the Emperor of Japan
- 25 December -- Christmas in Japan
- From 31 December to 1 January -- Eve and New Year in Japan
- 5 January -- Hayao Miyazaki's birthday (born in 1941)
- 13 January -- Seijin no Hi: adult day (20 years) in Japan