Kyuchikurin-in - The garden of teahouses in Otsu
Kyuchikurin-in is a subtemple of Enryaku-ji temple, located on the foot of Mount Hiei, in Sakamoto district, Otsu. Built in 1592, it...
Chureito Pagoda - The iconic view on Mount Fuji
Chureito Pagoda is an essential building of Arakurayama Sengen...
Onomichi - The Timeless Japanese Town
Onomichi is a port town on the shores of Seto Inland sea, in...
Sumo Wrestlers' Training - Japanese traditional wrestlers’ early morning routine
One of the prospective Sumos’ daily duty is keiko or practice. It...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Keage Incline - The Old Railroad Track lined with Sakura
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 14 to 15 April -- Sanno Matsuri (the Spring Takayama Festival)
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 10 May -- Mother's Day in Japan