Nezu-jinja - The gorgeous shrine of Yanesen
Nezu Jinja is a Shinto shrine dating back from Edo period, located in Bunkyo Ward in Northern Tokyo. It is famous for its azalea...
The Okinawa diet: living older and healthier - The centenarians’ recipe in Japan
If Okinawa has its (well deserved) reputation of a tropical...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Kodai-ji - The temple with maple and bamboo in Kyoto
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 21 December -- Winter starts in Japan
- 23 December -- Birthday of the Emperor of Japan
- 25 December -- Christmas in Japan
- From 31 December to 1 January -- Eve and New Year in Japan
- 5 January -- Hayao Miyazaki's birthday (born in 1941)
- 14 January -- Seijin no Hi: adult day (20 years) in Japan
- 3 February -- Setsubun: celebration of the arrival of spring