Traveling to Japan: A Comprehensive Guide
For those interested in planning a trip to Japan, our website already has a lot of information in stock, with numerous posts about...
Airfare deals to Japan: Find the cheapest flights
The flight fare for Japan, as well as for any other destination,...
Hiyoshi Taisha - The Monkey’s Shrine near Otsu
Hiyoshi Taisha is one of the most important Shinto shrines in Otsu,...
Atami Castle - The best panoramic view of Sagami Bay
Atami Castle is a replica feudal castle that stands on the heights...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Mount Koya - The group guided pilgrimage of Wakayama
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
- What should I wear late December in Japan?
- What is this Japanese movie about a salt crusted fish stuffed with chrysanthemum petals?
- How to get to Tsunan Snow Festival?
- What is this banana fruit whipped cream sandwich from a konbini?
- How can I hire a Japanese cook to bring him to my country and open a sweets shop?
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 3 February -- Setsubun: celebration of the arrival of spring
- 14 February -- Valentine's Day in Japan
- 23 February -- Emperor of Japan Naruhito's birthday
- 3 March -- Hina Matsuri: little girls' festival in Japan
- 14 March -- White Day in Japan
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan