Awa-odori - Tokushima’s energetic dance festival
Awa-odori is a traditional Japanese dance festival that occurs in Tokushima, a city on the east coast of Shikoku Island. This...
Mori Building Digital Art Museum - TeamLab Bordeless: Tokyo’s invitation for an awakening dream
Mori Building Digital Art Museum is an interactive modern art...
Hakone Free Pass - Odakyu’s essential transportation pass
The Hakone Free Pass is an excursion ticket sold at a reduced fare...
Udo-jingu - The hidden shrine in a cliff
Udo-Jingu is a Shinto shrine located on the Udosaki cap in the...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Okayama - The city of Momotaro
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 31 August -- End of season for climbing Mount Fuji
- 3 September -- Anniversary date of Tokyo's establishment after the Meiji restoration in July 1868
- 16 September -- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu (Yabusame) Festival in Kamakura
- 16 September -- Day of the elderly in Japan (Keiro no Hi - holiday)
- 21 September -- Autumn starts in Japan
- 23 September -- Autumn Equinox (Shunbun no Hi - holiday)
- 22 October -- Jidai Matsuri Festival in Kyoto