Nishiki - Kyoto’s culinary market
Nishiki market spreads on a 400 meters long narrow street, parallel to Shijo avenue in the heart of Kyoto. The market has been part...
Bank cards in Japan: ending of the puzzle - Visa/Mastercard and Japanese ATM
All travelers know this: not only Japanese people are not big users...
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building - Shinjuku's twin towers observatory
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office is a double building of 51...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Ritsurin - The sublime Japanese Park in Takamatsu
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 23 September -- Autumn Equinox (Shunbun no Hi - holiday)
- 22 October -- Jidai Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 29 October -- Isao Takahata's birthday (born in 1935)
- 31 October -- Halloween in Japan
- 3 November -- Festival of Culture (Bunka no hi - holiday)
- 18 November -- Anniversary date of the Suica card (initiated in 2001)
- 21 December -- Winter starts in Japan