New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
10 things to do before going to Japan
To accompany all travelers preparing their journey in Japan, we already offer you a quite complete guide of traveling to Japan....
From Kansai International Airport to downtown Kyoto and Osaka
Located on an artificial island about 50 kilometers southwest of...
Kabukicho - The red-light district of Shinjuku
Kabukicho is a district located in Shinjuku ward, in the West of...
Gion - The traditional district in the heart of Kyoto
Gion is one of Kyoto's historical districts, located in the center,...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Ushiku (Kanto)
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 16 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 28 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- 11 August -- Mountain day / Yama no Hi (holiday)
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku
- 15 August -- Anniversary date of Japan's surrender in 1945
- 16 August -- Daimon-ji fires in Kyoto