Reiwa: Japan's new imperial era under Emperor Naruhito
Japan changed its imperial calendar on May 1st, 2019, with Prince Naruhito’s accession to the throne. For the first time in history,...
Nezu Museum - An elegant marriage between art and nature
Nezu Museum is an art gallery located at the south of Aoyama...
Wakayama - The authentic seaside city of the Kansai region
Wakayama is the capital city of the eponymous prefecture, located...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Shibuya Crossing - The biggest scramble in the world
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 15 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 27 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa