Meigetsu-in - The Hydrangeas Temple in Kamakura
Meigetsu-in is a Buddhist temple of the Rinzai School, located in the north of Kamakura. The temple is famous for its garden, very...
Izumo Taisha - Shimane’s Grand Shrine
Izumo Taisha is a Shinto shrine complex located in Izumo city on...
Kyu Asakura - The Traditional Residence in the Heart of Shibuya
Kyu Asakura is a vast house built in 1919 in Daikanyama, whose...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every week, several new articles about Japan are published on Kanpai. More about that.
Takeshita Dori - Harajuku crazy main avenue
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- From 1 to 31 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto with float processions on July 17 and 24
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 20 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)