New posts about Japan are regularly published on Kanpai.
The Tokyo-Kyoto journey
Separated by about 500 kilometers, Tokyo and Kyoto are generally the first visited cities in Japan. The question of the ride between...
Electric plugs in Japan and adapters
It is often a aspect which tends to be forgotten, because it seems...
Takayama - The little Kyoto of the Japanese Alps
Takayama is a japanese city of Gifu prefecture, located in the...
The best souvenirs to bring back home from Japan
Travel souvenirs step into another dimension even more...
Welcome to Kanpai!
Japan travel guide and Japanese culture.
Sign up for our newsletter to get new content by e-mail:
One picture of Japan every day
-- Taken in Nijo Castle (Central Kyoto)
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
- What kind of non-academic classes do Japanese parents often enroll their children in? -/5 0
- What should girls wear as business attire in Japan? -/5 0
- Is it normal to find a sexually explicit magazine at a local hair dresser in Japan ? 5.00/5 0
- Japan government training fund for employees? -/5 0
- Kanpai or Kampai, which is most correct? 4.40/5 0
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- Looking for travel companion to Fuji Shibazakura (maybe 13may 2018) and alpine route (15 may) -/5 0
- Travel between Kyoto and Fukuoka Sept 8-22, 2018 -/5 0
- Traveling to Japan in September 2018 -/5 0
- Hokkaido - scenery/food/hiking April-May 2018 -/5 0
- Travel mates for May 2018 to Japan! Preferably around the Tokyo and Kyoto areas :) -/5 0
- 21 March -- Spring start in Japan (sakura cherry blossom season)
- 1 April -- Beginning of the fiscal year in Japan
- From 29 April to 5 May -- Japanese Golden Week
- 13 May -- Mother's Day in Japan
- 6 June -- Beginning of the rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- 21 June -- Summer starts in Japan
- 1 July -- Season start for climbing Mount Fuji
- 16 July -- Sea day / Umi no Hi in Japan (holiday)
- From 16 to 17 July -- Gion Matsuri Festival in Kyoto
- 17 July -- On July 17, 1868, Edo was renamed Tokyo.
- 19 July -- End of rainy season (Tsuyu) in Japan
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 28 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945