Naoshima - Seto Inland Sea’s artistic island
Its pleasant climate also makes Naoshima a great spot for its sand beaches. At the last population count in 2013, the area’s number...
Why Osaka is a better choice than Kyoto - The most convenient city in Kansai
We love Kyoto. To be honest, it is not such a surprising thought...
Why you should book your trip to Japan in advance
Every year, the number of tourists increases in Japan, facilitated...
Japan's tourist inflow is not only good news
Even if the amount of tourists in Japan has been the center of...
Map of Japan
Sign up to our newsletter so you won't miss anything
Every Thursday, a new article about Japan is published on Kanpai. More about that.
Saiho-ji - The sublime moss temple in Kyoto
Latest Kotaete questions
With Kotaete, our Q&A module, submit all your questions about Japan to the Kanpai community and share your knowledge.
Latest Isshoni requests
With Isshoni, which means "together" in Japanese, find travel companions to share time in Japan at your preference.
- March 2019 - Tokyo-Hakuba-Kyoto-Naoshima Trip
- Foodie / Relax / Explore / Interested in Fuji Mountain area or Hokkaido in mid Aug 2018
- Looking for a Travel Buddy in Tokyo From late July to early August 2018
- Someone to go to Japan during a month at the beginning of 2019
- Companion in Kyoto 1st week july 2018
- From 24 to 25 July -- Tenjin Matsuri Festival in Osaka
- 28 July -- Sumida River Fireworks in Asakusa
- 6 August -- Anniversary date of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in 1945
- 9 August -- Anniversary day of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945
- 11 August -- Mountain day / Yama no Hi (holiday)
- From 12 to 15 August -- Awa Odori Festival in Tokushima, Shikoku
- 15 August -- Anniversary date of Japan's surrender in 1945