Changing for tourist to work visa with a COE from within Japan ?

No answer yet


I need help for some procedures.

I have received a COE 1 week ago for a 3 years long visa in japan, but I am already in japan with a tourist visa.
I did not plan to apply from my home country which is far, and want to apply for the visa from within japan.

I check the procedures for a change of status but they do not ask for COE.
Should I still apply for a change of status of residence from tourist to work, and give the COE as a document for the application to speed the process? or is there another procedures to get the visa from within japan without leaving the country?

Thanks for the help

Interesting question?
This question and answers below are posted by Kanpai users in our Kotaete module. They do not necessarily reflect the views of Kanpai writers.

Answers to the question

Add an answer