Job offer in Okinawa
Good morning Kanpai,
I have an offer for you rather than a question:
I currently hold a position in the human resources at Renaissance Resort Okinawa (Marriott franchised). Our resort recently approved of giving motivated foreigners an opportunity to experience work in Japan through our company.
Introduction of Renaissance Resort Okinawa:
You can find 377 rooms in our resort, including suites, theme rooms, Japanese style rooms, Western style rooms and several lounges.
About the facilities, we have, among other things, 7 restaurants, 2 swimming pools, 1 private beach and a Marine research center.
Because of this, the job offer can range from a hotel related position like bellhop or receptionist to chef, waiter, beach entertainer…etc …
We also have a “cultural club” (芸能部) composed of staff members who want to learn the Okinawan culture such as “Eisa dance” and performing shows for customers.
* Here is the link for Renaissance Resort Okinawa: www.renaissance-okinawa.com
* Also a Youtube link for those who do not know about Eisa: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/watch?v=DaJ-Nu7FfMw?rel=0
- Candidate must be interested in Japanese and/or Okinawan culture.
- Candidate must have interest in customer service and/or hotel business.
- Motivated, sociable and able to greet customers with a smile.
- Japanese communication skills:
Even though the candidate must know the basics of the language, the most important for us would be the motivation of the candidate to improve.
As noted above, our resort allows a wide range of different positions. That is why we are not mentioning any specific level of studies or experience and will consider the applications case by case.
If you think you can reach our expectations and us yours, please send your application to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the same email address to ask the questions you might have.
An application must contain:
- A resume, preferably with a picture (standard in Japan.)
In the case you don’t possess a resume in Japanese, I recommend using this website : http://resume.meieki.com/ in order to create it easily for free.
If your Japanese skills are not sufficient, please send your resume in English. Please keep in mind that it is usually good form to send both versions (however imperfect it is).
- Candidate’s introduction.
- Candidate’s expectations (part-time/ full-time/ target job…)
- Any questions you might have or various things you would like to share with us in order to support your resume.
Once again, it is perfectly acceptable to apply in English but providing both versions would be a plus.
It is not necessary for me to speak highly of Okinawa Island’s beauty since you already have Kanpai for this ;)
We are looking forward to reviewing your applications.
Renaissance Resort Okinawa