The flight fare for Japan, as well as for any other destination, varies according to numerous factors, such as:
- The airline;
- The time of the year;
- A non-stop or stopover flight;
- The departure and arrival airports;
- The cabin class (economy, premium economy, business class, first-class);
- The type of aircraft and its age;
- The optional insurances for cancelling, baggage, etc.;
Discount airplane tickets are likely to get booked faster than regular fare tickets, so we recommend buying them as soon as possible, before they get sold out or the discount ends.
Find a cheap flight to Japan with our search engine, in partnership with Skyscanner:
Airlines flying to Japan
Two very famous Japanese airlines, ANA and JAL, serve worldwide. They both have comparable services and prices. They regularly offer interesting deals and connecting flights to many cities in Japan, with a stopover in Tokyo.
All Nippon Airways (ANA) allows 2 checked baggage of 23kg each, per traveler.
Japan AirLines (JAL) is regularly designated the most punctual airline in the world.
The following companies have also set up regular lines with Japan. They can prove useful according to your departure point. There are not favorite ones in this list, and they are arranged in alphabetical order:
- Aeroflot: with a stopover in Russia, prices can be very low, some travelers recommend this airline, some don’t;
- Air China: with a stopover in China, accessible from Australia, Canada, Hong-Kong or the United States;
- Air Canada
- Air New-Zealand
- American Airlines: non-stop flights available from Los Angeles;
- British Airways: with a stopover in London (UK);
- Cathay Pacific: with a stopover in Hong-Kong;
- Delta Airline: with a stopover in Minneapolis (USA);
- Emirates: with a stopover in Dubai (United Arab Emirates), frequently mentioned as one of the best airlines in the world;
- Etihad: with a stopover in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, frequently offers affordable fare;
- Finnair: with a stopover in Finland;
- Hawaiian Airlines: non-stop flights from Honolulu;
- HK EXPRESS: non-stop flights from Hong-Kong;
- KLM: with a stopover in the Netherlands;
- Lufthansa: with a stopover in Germany, 2 checked baggage allowance per traveler;
- Qantas Airways: flights from Australia and New-Zealand;
- Qatar Airways: with a stopover in Qatar, often mentioned as one of the best airlines in the world. May offer some very interesting deals;
- Swiss Air: with a stopover in Switzerland, 2 checked baggage allowance per traveler;
- United Airlines : from Canada, with stopovers in the United States.
We have not listed budget airlines serving Japan, as they may serve only from Asia and / or from Japan.
Feel free to contact us if you know of another airline that could be added to the list.