Kotaete: Q&A on Japan

Ask a question

Kotaete is our question and answer (Q&A) module. This is where you can submit your questions about all things Japanese to the Kanpai-chan (the Kanpai community).

This section, which acts as a modern forum about Japan, is obviously open to everyone: ask your questions and share your Japanese knowledge with other users.

Latest questions asked

  • How can I hire a Japanese cook to bring him to my country and open a sweets shop?

    - Hi, I hope you are all doing well. This is my first engagement in this forum and I hope I can get the answer I'm looking for. I just want to express how much I love the Japanese culture and I was blessed to visit this dream country back in 2016. Looking forward...
  • N'EX Round trip ticket to Shinjuku and from Ofuna

    - can i use n'ex round trip ticket 4000 yen for the route-*Narita airport --- shinjuku station*? return from *ofuna station - Narita airport*?
  • Exactly how much THC is allowable in CBD oil in Japan?

    - I recently became aware that CBD oil is legal in Japan. My question is: What percent of THC is allowed in CBD products in Japan? I've done quite a bit of shopping and researching online, and although there are a limited number of CBD products available with 0% THC, most...
  • Ghibli sake bottle?

    - How can I order a Ghibli sake bottle? Thank you.
  • Margarine in Japan?

    - Why there is no margarine in Japan? At least I didn't find it anywhere except our hotels breakfast buffet which has japanese-italian dishes. Is it true that there is only butter to put on breads etc? Or if there is, where I can found it? I also noticed that there is no...
  • Subbed movies in Japanese cinemas?

    - hello i may visit japan this summer and i am a big fan of japanese animation and especially of makoto 's Shinkai movies. So i am planning to visit japan at the end of july and i want to know if there is any kind of subbed movies in japanese cinemas as i am looking forward...
  • Growing Na-no-hana in the US?

    - I lived in Japan for more than 30 years and studied ikebana all of those years. Now I live in Washington State and want to grow the kind of Nanohana that I bought in flower shops. It is a different variety than the type grown in fields and that grows wild here in...
  • Changing for tourist to work visa with a COE from within Japan ?

    - Hello, I need help for some procedures. I have received a COE 1 week ago for a 3 years long visa in japan, but I am already in japan with a tourist visa. I did not plan to apply from my home country which is far, and want to apply for the visa from within japan. ...
  • Name of a play/live action about Sengoku period in a castle

    - Hi all, so i've been so into this live action or play by some japanese people dresses like in a sengoku era, they do some street play in front of a castle, but i really forget their group names! They even have a website and youtube, but i totally forget and have no record...
  • Bus from Sensoji to Tokyo Skytree ?

    - Hi, i want to ask. I saw on internet that from sensoji to tokyoskytree can by Tobu Skytree shuttle bus, and the bus stop at north side sensoji temple, if i'm not wrong. Is that bus still operated right now and still stop at north side sensoji temple? Thankyou

Still unanswered questions

  • Longer term storage while traveling in Japan?

    Hi there I'm heading to Japan for 11 days, the first 3 days I'll be snowboarding. Is it possible to use Takkyubin to deliver the snowboards to a long term storage facility in Tokyo or the Haneda...